Woodmansterne's School Improvement Priorities 2017 - 20
Outcomes for Children:
- To ensure all children make at least expected progress from their starting points and the gap between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged and targeted groups is closed.
Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment:
- To achieve consistency of Quality First Teaching and an all-through learning culture that delivers engaging learning experiences and enrichment opportunities for all.
- To ensure our curriculum is engaging, challenging and relevant, with assessment that is rigorous and effective in enabling pupils to progress.
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare:
- To review our rigorous approach to safeguarding with a focus on e-safety and British values and in response to the developing school buildings and grounds.
- To develop our environment and improve the well-being of all stakeholders.
Effectiveness of Leadership and Management:
- To foster expertise and resilience in all leaders enabling them to drive high expectations for all, through their initiative, ambition and creativity.
Target Outcomes for Children:
EYFS: 78% GLD
Year 1 Phonics: 90%
Year 2 Phonics re-sit: 70%
KS1 reading: 82% expected or above 17% GD
KS1 writing: 78% expected or above 15% GD
KS1 maths: 85% expected or above 12% GD
KS2 reading: 84% expected standard or above 43% higher standard
KS2 writing: 88% expected standard or above 30% higher standard
KS2 maths: 90% expected standard or above 30% higher standard
KS1 and 2 targets are based on previous expected statutory data for that year group, with an increase in the percentage of children working at a higher level.
SIP: School Improvement Plan
RAG: Red, Amber, Green (to demonstrate progress)
SIA: School Improvement Advisor
CPD: Continued Professional Development
SGP: Sharing Good Practice
ASP: Analysing School Performance (replaced Raiseonline)
EWO: Educational Welfare Officer
PA: Persistent absentees
GLD: good level of development
GD: greater depth
External review in italics